Pest control is such an important thing to us humans. It helps us a lot. There are different types of pest control, and here are some of them.
• Usage of pest-destroying animals – this method was first used by the ancient Egypt during 3000 B.C where they use cats on grain stores or warehouses to control the rodent population and they use mongooses into homes to control the population of rodents and snakes. This method is also used by the Europeans during 500 A.D where they use domesticated ferret.
• Biological pest control – this method uses microscopic organisms such as bacteria to control the population of natural predators or parasites. For example, mosquitoes are often controlled by a bacteria called Bt Bacillus thuringiensis ssp. Israelensis,this bacteria is harmful to mosquitoes but safe among humans, and this bacteria is used on water storages like barrels, water tanks or any local water storage.
• Mechanical pest control – this method uses simple machines, tools and equipment. For example, weeds are pulled of the ground to prevent further damages on the plants.
• Physical pest control is method of eradication of insects and rodents by removing, attacking, or setting barriers to prevent further destruction of plants or properties.
• Elimination of spawning grounds – For example, proper storage and drainage of water can control the population mosquitoes. Proper storage and disposal of garbage can control the population of flies, maggots, rats, and cockroaches.
• Poisoned bait – this method is used on rat-infested properties. This tool is also used to manage several caterpillars like Spodopteraliteral, fruit flies, snails and slugs, crabs.
• Field burning – this method requires burning of plantations.
• Hunting – this method is used in some European countries where they kill ownerless dogs and cats. In other nations, a team of rat-catchers work at chasing rats in the field with use of simple handheld tools and equipment.
• Trap cropping – this method requires the planting of a trap crop. A trap crop is a plant that attracts pest and insects.
• Traps – this method requires the usage of man-made traps. Example of man-made trap is a mouse trap. There are other varieties of traps such as snap traps, glue traps and traps laced with pheromones.
• Space fumigation – this method requires sealing a building airtight and penetrating the facilities with a poisonous gas. Although expensive, this method can exterminate all kinds of pests.
• Space treatment – this method involves of fogging and misting inside of a building which is not poisonous among humans but harmful to pests.
• Destruction of infected plants – this method requires the eradication of insect-infested plants. Forest service’s sometimes destroy other infected trees while farmers burn the entire farm to prevent the spreading of pest elsewhere.
• Natural rodent control
• Repellents – this method requires the usage of Balsam fir oil from the tree Abiesbalsa mea which is an EPA approved non-toxic rodent repellent and the usage of Acacia polyacantha subsp. Campylacantha root that emits chemical compounds that repel animals such as crocodiles, snakes, and rats.
As you can see, there really are so many kinds of pest control out there. You can check services from pest control Mission Beach for more details.