Choosing the type of logo to use is just hard as creating the perfect design. If you don’t know what style would suits best for your business, maybe you should consider Logotype.
What is Logotype
Logotype or word mark is a typography based logo that focuses on words or business name alone. Since the focal point of your design is the title of your company, you need to come up with a something visually appealing.
- Use Illustrator not Photoshop – Adobe Illustrator works better than Photoshop in terms of creating logotypes. Unlike Photoshop’s pixelated format, Illustrator uses mathematical and computer algorithm that created line instead of pixels. Because of this, it is often used for wordmarks because it produces high-quality icons.
- Use Black – Although colourful design catches our attention, it’s still safe to use black or white. Black represents wealth, elegance and sophistication. It often associated with high-end companies like Gucci, Prada and Channel.
- Use Simple Fonts – Are your fonts visually communicating? Is it playful or just a distraction? Ask these to yourself before choosing fonts. In most cases, simple and clean fonts work better than the complex one.
What makes it Effective
- Unique – It must be unique and stand out from the crowd. The best way to make this happen is to never copy from anyone. Don’t use the same fonts and colours those big companies are using. They will just also recognise the other brand instead of yours.
- Memorable – When people look at it, it must stick in their mind. Be sure to create a style that they will easily remember.
- Flexible – These are not just for website purposes, you could also print it on your business card, paper advertisement and even tarpaulin. So, choose a style that is flexible to this medium.
Companies Who Use It
Famous companies that use wordmark on their brand are FedEx, Disney, Coca-Cola, Visa, Instagram, and Canon.
If you’re on a budget, look for the cheap logo design that won’t comprise the quality for the company logo.